Staff Award Rules and Procedures
Purdue University’s Office of Global Partnerships (OGP) and the Global Academic Committee (GAC) seek staff nominations for the Outstanding Leadership in Globalization Award. This award is open to all categories of full-time university staff members. It is the desire of OGP to receive up to three (3) nominations per college plus three (3) at-large nominations coming from across campus areas not defined as schools or colleges. These at-large staff nominations should be forwarded to the OGP. Final nominations must follow the college/area existing procedures for administering staff awards. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- A nomination packet (1-page Executive Summary plus a maximum of 5 additional pages) addressing the criteria for the award followed by additional pages of supporting materials (e.g., statement of globalization interests and philosophy, projects, activities, and accomplishments, significance to Purdue, impact, constituent statements, etc.).
- Recognizing that sustained global relationships take time and dedication, the nomination should focus on global accomplishments achieved over the past 2 - 3 years (up to a maximum of the last 5 years). Globalization in this context is defined as developing, facilitating and maintaining programs and activities in partnership with universities, agencies, and private-sector constituents outside the USA involving faculty and/or students from Purdue and international counterparts in all aspects of learning, discovery and engagement.
- DEADLINE for nominations is February 15th, 2021
- AWARDEES will be announced and recognized each Fall Semester
- Recipients will be recognized with the “Outstanding Leadership in Globalization Award - Staff” award and receive $2,500 cash.
Structure of Nomination Packet (not to exceed 6 total pages) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Globalization Award Nominations”
1. Executive Summary (1 page)
a. Name of nominee, title and name of unit/department should appear as first items in document.
b. Name of unit submitting nomination and statement of the procedure used in choosing the final nominees.
2. Description of Nominee’s Accomplishments in direct support of globalization activities. (3 pages)
a. Please provide impact metrics within the description (number of activities supported, number of participants, number of students / faculty, etc.).
b. Nomination materials can include examples of work products (program flyers, promotional materials, newsletters, proceedings, etc.), produced by the nominee highlighting their support for Purdue globalization activities.
3. Two letters of support for the nominee detailing their efforts in supporting globalization. (2 pages)
Reporting accomplishments for consideration (Please provide brief descriptions, dates, and collaborating university, public and /or private sector partners):
NOTE: Not all criteria will apply to all nominees. Give sufficient evidence on the relevant criteria listed so that members of the selection committee, many of whom will not be personally acquainted with the candidate’s abilities, may make an informed judgment.
Supporting evidence/criteria may include, but is not limited to the following:
Evidence in Globalization
- The development of and/or extensive logistical support for study abroad programs
- Organizing visiting delegations
- Support for international conferences
- Active participation in international student recruitment
- Contributions to enhancing the global awareness of Purdue University
- Creativity and participation in intercultural development activities
- Leadership in Purdue international activities/events
- Innovation in internationalizing the Purdue campus community